Wednesday, July 28, 2010


At the end of June we took a destination vacation to Gallup, NM. Not normally a city I'd choose to visit for a week. But our granddaughter (the beauty in the photo) qualified for the National Finals Junior High School Rodeo that was held there and since we are only 5 hours away...there ain't no way this Memaw is gonna miss seeing her, our daughter, her husband and that cutie pie boy in the picture. The handsome young man in the picture belongs to our other daughter in Wyoming and they surprised me big time by making the trip to Gallup too. I haven't had both my daughters together for 10 years and it was so special for me. I hate to say it but I totally did not recognize Shelley when she came thru the door...but I immediately knew Matthew and my eyes quickly shifted back to Shelley...then I started crying. We had such a good time and it seems like it was over in about a minute, although we were there nearly a week. I can't tell you how proud I am of my girls. They have turned in to such beautiful ladies, wives and moms and have terrific kids to boot. Our son and his family weren't there but I would be remiss if I didn't say how proud I am of him and his beautiful family too. Can't believe my beautiful baby boy is going to be a grandpa for the 2nd time in October. So sorry he's getting so old. :( Anyway, the granddaughter and her partner didn't make it all the way to the finals, but they placed 3rd in the daily go rounds for the ribbon roping. We are very proud of their accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment