Friday, April 10, 2009

Little Cat Feet

It's 2am and I can't sleep. About an hour ago, when I really did go to bed, the cats were running across the roof in whatever games they seem to play at night. As I listened to their races from one end to the other it certainly didn't sound like the cute little cat feet that pad so silently from room to room or place to place. It sounded like 40 pounders galomping across my roof. Then I began to wonder what kind of party I might be missing...was this like the horse races, one against the others; were they betting on who would win? Are they drinkers, or just fun loving? Or was this a 50's style grudge match...my cat can beat your cat...wanna race for pinks? Or were these races more like a 10 year old boy running for all he's worth, running against the wind or with the wind or just for the pure joy of running a race with himself. Were two cats racing? Did the others sit up there like an audience? Did they do the wave? Was there betting? Did cat food or bird feathers change paws? And I wished I could watch without them knowing I was there to see what fun they must be having...since they do this every night when the days are warm and the nights are cool. Maybe now I know why they sleep all day. Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment